Spinach dumplings - Strangolapreti - with ingredients from BIOG
- Finely dice the bread or rolls. Whisk the milk and eggs and pour over the bread cubes. Meanwhile, peel and finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Clean the fresh spinach, rinse in cold water and drain well. Squeeze as well as possible with your hands and chop very finely with a knife. Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the fresh or defrosted frozen spinach. Sauté briefly until it collapses. Put everything in a sieve to drain and squeeze out well. (the spinach must be very dry) Chop the oregano leaves, add the soaked bread, grated parmesan and oregano to the spinach. Knead everything with your hands. Season with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
- Shape the dumpling dough into approx. 12 equal-sized dumplings with damp hands.
- Place the dumplings in boiling salted water. Cook the dumplings at low heat just below boiling point for about 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the butter, remove the dumplings with a skimmer and arrange on plates with the melted butter. Serve sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan.