- 45 min preparation, 60 min rest time
Festive biscuits with a fruity note
1. Prepare a smooth dough by mixing butter, eggs, NATURATA golden cane sugar, NATURATA Bourbon vanilla sugar, flour, baking powder and NATURATA Atlantic sea salt. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave it to rest in the fridge for at least 60 minutes.
2. For the lemon cream, grate the lemon zest and squeeze the lemon juice.
3. In a bain-marie blend the lemon zest, lemon juice, butter and sugar, then add the eggs and combine until you have a smooth cream.
4. Preheat the oven to 160°C (hot air). Roll the dough out evenly on a floured work surface until it is about 3 mm thick then cut out stars using a cookie cutter. For the top layer biscuits, cut a smaller star out of the middle of half of the stars.
5. Cook the biscuits in the oven for about 10 minutes then leave to cool.
6. Sprinkle the top layer biscuits with NATURATA icing sugar. Cover the bottom layer biscuits with a little lemon cream and sandwich with the top layer biscuits.
This recipe was provided to us by: NATURATA AG