- 30 min
Sweet finger food, perfect for a spring brunch or a picnic with friends
1. Lightly toast the flaked almonds in a saucepan without adding fat. Leave to cool. Preheat the oven to 175 °C (hot air) and prepare the muffin tray.
2. Grate the lemon zest, wash the courgettes and grate finely. Combine the NATURATA golden cane sugar, the NATURATA sunflower oil, the NATURATA sea salt and the lemon zest until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time. Fold in the NATURATA ground almonds, the flour, the baking powder and the grated courgettes.
3. Pour the batter into the muffin tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes (until the mixture no longer sticks to a wooden skewer).
4. To prepare the meringue, whip egg whites and icing sugar in a hot bain-marie and incorporate a little of the lemon juice and zest.
5. Fill an icing bag fitted with a star nozzle with lemon meringue and decorate the cupcakes.
This recipe was provided to us by: NATURATA AG