- 20 min
Chavré goat cheese is tasty prepared cold or warm. Baked, it becomes a savoury side dish with green salad and fits melted on noodles or potatoes. However, if you want to enjoy it pure, you should go for a traditional baguette.
1. Preheat the oven to 225 °C (top/bottom heat)
2 Roast the pine nuts in a pan without fat.
3. Cut the apples into four large slices ,each about 1.5 cm thick, and remove the core.
4. Place the apple slices in a greased, ovenproof dish and place a slice of cheese on top of each.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese is golden.
6. Arrange the salad on portion plates.
7. Place the gratinated cheese on the salad and sprinkle with pine nuts.
8. Put honey, butter and balsamic vinegar into the still warm baking dish, mix well and pour the sauce over the cheese.
9. Serve with a glass of rosé, Beaujolais, a dry, slightly vegetable, fruity Sauvignon or a sparkling wine.
This recipe was provided to us by: Vallée Verte